Thursday, October 25, 2012

For the title of best Mixologist (bartender) of India Flairology bar school and events

About the First Mixologist competition I had won (Pankaj Kamble)



Monin Angostura Bitters cocktail national championship, one of the most prestigious cocktail competition in India, best mixologist of India compete with each other form different cities ,Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai  and I was from Pune,

Monin Angostura Bitters cocktail national championship had organized the events once again for the second year.

I was a Flair bartender or a Mixologist bit confused about my Whole Idea, as i like to Mix drinks in style.
The search had finally bought me to a conclusion that Flair and Mixology are part of one profession that is bar tendering and both cannot be separated from each other.

Here my journey begin towards Mixology, It was my second competition as a mixologist, Bacardi legacy cocktail competition, and lucky I was enough to get through to the second round and was in top 10 of the regional finals which were suppose to happen after two month, these competition had helped to understand the standards to be maintained, things to worked on, how to earn extra points, style of  working , hygiene, USP for winning, ingredients and their importance in cocktail and many more thing during competition.

During Bacardi competition I heard about Monin Angostura Bitters cocktail national championship coming soon............... and I took it very seriously and as a challenge..

it took me a whole week to bring all the ingredient together, thinking about a proper concoction was very difficult and a very tiring process. it was really fun exploring the new range of flavours
My thought was just revolving around the following

  • What will be my special ingredient?
  • What technique of making should I use?
  • What will be the importance of my ingredient?
  • Does my Cocktail Represent anything?
  • What flavor does bitters combine well with?
  • Why should my cocktail be chosen?
  • What will be my Glassware, My Garnish, My presentation,
  • And how will be my Cocktail Simple and different


various trial and error, experiment and reading helped me to find the final product.

The answer to my question was


Divine Portion.
Angostura White Rum-50 ml
Angostura Bitters-5 dashes
Rosso vermouth-15 ml
Elderflower syrup-10 ml
Tulsi flower -5 sprigs
Perrier Sparkling water-  To Top

Glass- Sparkling Crystal Tall Gall
Garnish- Tulsi flower sprayed with Angostura Bitters
Special attraction-Metal Straw with  metal stirrer and a Poetry to describe the cocktail

                                           


                         Technique of making-


cocktail was simple Tulsi flower -5 sprigs muddled with  dashes of Angostura bitters, followed by Rosso vermouth, Elder flower syrup Angostura White rum glass filled with Cracked ice and topped with sparkling water









Divine Portion- tell the Sage of life
I did a poetry to connect it to actually meaning of that cocktail and reason behind it .......

MAGIC IN THE AIR, MAGIC IN THE AIR,
ITS THE STORY ABOUT ME AND MY NIGHTMARE
" Tulsi being the sacred plant of Hindus, is found in very house, it is belive that the plant spread a (positive vibe )magic in the atmosphere and keeps the negative vibes away, and a nightmare tell me the truth of our life"

HEAVEN AND HELL ALL ARE HERE,
MY "TULSI" THANKS "BITTERS" YOUR HERE.
" Whatever good or bad we do, we get payed for it here, My Tulsi as a Goddess thanks Bitterness as "devil"  also devils are also create by god to teach us lesson in our life"

LIFE IS'NT SWEET LIKE HONEY FOR EVER,
BITTERNESS IS THERE TO GUIDE YOU FOR EVER
" If life is all sweet and happy, and there is no sadness you wont know the other side of life, what and where your going wrong in life. the Realization of mistake is very bitter which guides you forever"

RED IS'NT  THE COLOR OF LOVE ALWAYS, BUT ITS ALSO THE SYMBOL OF DEATH AND ANGER.
"red color of rosso vermouth is the symbol of death and anger"

MAGIC IN THE AIR, MAGIC IN THE AIR,
MY DIVINE PORTION TELL YOU THE SAGA OF BEING THERE IN THIS WORLD.


DIVINE PORTION won Angostura bitters national final, held on 18th of oct in Delhi at kainoosh lounge. the competition was juded by Mr Yundup Lama (Owner/Partner at Cocktails & Dreams, Speakeasy), Sunit Goyal (Editor in Chief at Food and Nightlife Magazine), Mr Rohan Jelkei (Training Manager at Tulleeho Portals Pvt Ltd), Mr Andria (Monin Global head marketing and innovation)   and two more i do not remember their names,
now will represent India in Global Final in Trinidad and Tabago on 14th Feb 2013..



No comments:

Post a Comment